The vaccine (Pfizer & Moderna) is recommended in pregnancy by the BCCDC. Please read their handout with some good answers to your questions.
Clinic safety protocols
To keep in step with Public Health recommendations, we made the following changes to our practice:
- All clients & support people are to do a pre-screen prior to arrival and before any home visits
- Requiring all clients to wear a medical-grade mask to all visits (if you don’t have one, we can provide one)
- Increased cleaning regimen to include a deep clean daily as well as wiping down all equipment and surfaces with anti-bacterial and antiviral cleaners between client visits
What is happening at RCH?
- Two support people (and a certified doula) are permitted to attend you during labour. All visitors will be screened at the door, must wear a medical-grade mask, and will be refused entry if they are ill in any way.
- Giving Birth at RCH in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Giving Birth at RCH If You Are COVID-19 Positive
Monitor yourself daily for the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills?
- Cough or shortness of breath?
- Runny nose or nasal congestion?
- Sore throat/painful swallowing?
- Loss of sense of taste/smell or appetite?
- Headache, muscle aches, or fatigue?
If you have any of the above symptoms, no matter how mild, seek screening immediately and self-isolate until you get your results.
If you screen positive and are a client at Inlet Birth, please leave a semi-urgent message (call 778-355-9636 and press ‘1’). A caregiver will call you back to plan some extra care for you.